French women love a warm tea in the evening — an infusion, or tisane, is simply an herbal tea. It is relaxing but also acts as an appetite suppressant, a big help when we’re tempted to reach out for a snack while watching a favorite show or reading a book. Lavender has many medicinal virtues including helping you to de-stress and facilitate sleeping.
I much enjoy the “Organic Chamomile with Lavender” by Traditional Medicinals, it has a very relaxing and effective blend of English lavender and lemon balm.
If you would like to make your own relaxing lavender tea, simply do the following:
- Prepare 4 cups of boiling water.
- Pour boiling water over 50g of lavender flower (about 1/4 cup).
- Steep (infuse) mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in your favorite cup using a tea strainer.
- If you find the mixture too bitter, simply add honey or your preferred sweetener.
- Drink three or four cups between meals, saving the last one to enjoy a relaxing evening.
Relax and enjoy!