Bonjour and welcome to our Art of the Home gallery of small living room design ideas. We have carefully selected these gorgeous small living room designs for you. We also highlighted below the pluses as we see it (there may be more) and good ideas to consider if you are interested in small living room designs. Hope you enjoy the visit!
What are the pluses of small living room design?
- Place for bonding – small living rooms give off warm and cozy feelings ideal for intimate family time
- Easier to maintain – a smaller space is easier to organize and clean, giving you more time to relax and enjoy your living space
- Easier to customize – you can easily change things up to suit your mood or lifestyle without having to worry about clutter or big, heavy furniture
What are some good ideas for small living room designs?
- Furniture: Swedish settee, Victorian armchairs, farmhouse daybed as couch, tree root coffee table, nickel coffee tables, repurposed luggage cart console table, oak beam coffee table, under window storage, floating wooden box shelf
- Structural Accents: marble floor inlay, stairways (ship’s ladder, double stringer staircase, hanging staircase), shed ceiling with roof windows, windows within windows, open concept floor plan
- Walls: whitewashed stone, Venetian plaster, travertine, bare concrete, exposed brick
- Accents: Swedish carved mirror, framed marble slab wall accent, limited edition prints, rope wrapped column, fiberglass paper chandelier, metal wall sculpture, chinoiserie prints, devore cowhide rugs, French return curtain rods, mural photo wallpaper
So take a look at the beautiful photos of small living rooms we selected for you…and as always, sharing “The Little Plus” (“Le Petit Plus”), our favorite design ideas on these photos. Enjoy and beautiful day to you!
1. Swedish Settee
The Little Plus • white Swedish settee with front seat rail with carved festoons and mixed throw pillows • reclaimed oak wood coffee table with ‘The New Eighteenth Century Style’ book and rustic wooden planter box with handles • wall mounted decorative plates on cream Venetian plaster walls • vintage Swedish hand-painted carved wooden mirror • vintage bronze tumbled limestone tiled floor
2. Archway Scene
The Little Plus • 2 baby blue curved side Ottoman stools with nailhead trims • 2 simply taupe hued tufted wingback chairs with lumbar pillows • fireplace with mosaic marble tiles and wooden mantel with reeded pilasters calling back overmantel with sunburst mirror in antique gold finish • 2 topiaries on stacked books on top of marble top gilt bronze console tables with cabriole legs flanking the fireplace • antique white finish candle-style chandelier
3. Bluer Than Blue
The Little Plus • bonnie blue lattice pattern tufted ottoman coffee table and draperies calling back porcelain vase table lamp • red rattan Chinese Chippendale-inspired armchair complementing red throw pillows with Chinese frog fasteners • framed chinoiserie prints on antique white walls • bleached stag antler chandelier with black iris shades • beige sisal textured area rug
4. Wicker Armchairs
The Little Plus • 2 wicker armchairs with braided details and mixed throw pillows • matte crackle bottle green tiles fireplace surround natural wood mantel • natural oak plank paneled walls calling back oak plank laminate floors • wooden ship’s ladder leading up to the loft • large handmade wood magazine rack on sisal textured area rug
5. The Sand And The Sea
The Little Plus • French doors with sidelights and transoms flanked by blue damask patterned pinch pleat drapes on extendable curtain rods • scalloped lacquered faux bamboo tray top cocktail table • bronze finish pendant lights chandelier with fabric shades and crystal drops accent • white beadboard vaulted ceiling with white wooden trusses • 2 wood framed upholstered accent chairs with crisscross backrest and mixed throw pillows
6. Reclaimed Wood
The Little Plus • decorative wall plates mounted on white stucco open fireplace surround • distressed wood coffee table with turned legs • floating wooden shelves with built-in 2-door cabinets flanking the fireplace • ceiling with reclaimed wood beams and pendant light with dome-shaped wicker shade • rustic farmhouse daybed doubling as couch with reclaimed wood frame and plaid throw pillows
The Little Plus • reclaimed wood coffee table with splayed legs • metallic hourglass shaped side table near door with steps • white beadboard wainscoting on light gray walls with mounted oil painting • white-framed double-hung windows behind cocoa brown velvet sofa with nailhead trims • chrome finish crystal chandelier