Today we are offering a review of a yogurt maker. The Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker YM100 is part of the Art of the Home kitchen and used on a weekly basis. As we discussed in our article “Top 5 Reasons to Eat Yogurt”, yogurt has many virtues and is a daily treat in many French women’s diet. Yogurt makes a wonderful healthy dessert for lunch or dinner. Check our Art of the Home yogurt maker review below for tips on how to choose a yogurt maker.
Yogurt Maker Review
Why do I need a yogurt maker?
Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium to build strong bones, a great partner to your health, and can also help you lose weight. So being able to have yogurt available at all times is a great way to keep with healthy eating habits. With a yogurt maker, you can make your favorite yogurt easily, all natural, and vary flavors based on your family’s preferences.<.p>
How do I use a Yogurt Maker?
It is almost as easy as this…
French Commercial for yogurt starter “My Homemade Yogurt” by Alsa
Using a yogurt maker is indeed very simple and children do love to make them. Simply bring milk to a boil, let it cool a little bit, wisk in your yogurt starter (or 1 jar of plain yogurt with live cultures) and pour into the individual yogurt jars. Click on the start button and voilà! The yogurt is ready in 7 -10 hours (depending on the type of milk you use and firmness you like — skim milk with firm texture takes the longest). After it’s done, you’ll just need to screw on the yogurt cap, put it in the fridge to let your homemade yogurt set. Setting takes at least three hours. I usually let the yogurt maker run at night, put them in the fridge in the morning, and 7 servings of yogurt are ready for lunch or dinner. In the end, making your own natural, homemade yogurt only requires a few minutes of prep. time but you should plan for at least 10 to 13 hours lead time.
What should I be looking for in a yogurt maker?
- Functionality: timer. The yogurt texture depends on how long the yogurt is left at the pre-set temperature inside the yogurt maker, so a timer is key to ensuring that you get the texture you enjoy most.
- Ease of use: short prep. time. You want to be able to set it up quickly and be done with it.
- Convenience: automatic shut off is a big plus. You can set it before you go to bed or go to work and it will automatically shut off when it’s done.
- Durability: if you use your yogurt maker regularly, durability will be key. To that end, we strongly recommend a yogurt maker with glass jars.
- Price: less than $50. Consider this, even if you only budget $5/week for yogurt, you will make your money back quickly.
Art of the Home’s Favorite Yogurt Maker – Euro Yogurt Maker YM100
We do love our Euro Cuisine yogurt maker and always have great compliments when serving yogurt made with it. In fact, our homemade yogurt is preferred over store bought yogurt. Here is the Art of the Home review and ratings (0=poor, 5=excellent):
Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker YM100 Rating: 5/5
- Yogurt Jars: the glass jars sustain many runs in the dishwasher over many years (tested that!) so this is one of the key features of the Euro Cuisine yogurt maker. Euro Cuisine also offers a 2nd set of glass jars that you can purchase so you don’t have to wait for all 7 yogurt jars to be empty before making another batch. We do have a second set and we rotate them — very convenient.
- Ease of use: less than 10 minutes prep. time and then simply click on the timer button. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Timer: the timer will allow you to set the time that best meets your texture preference.
- Convenience: yogurt jars are dishwasher safe (although we do not put the cap in the dishwasher).
- Price: very reasonable at Amazon (free shipping with Amazon Prime).
Cons: none so far.
So to start making your own yogurt, all natural and healthy, Art of the Home recommends the well designed and reasonably priced Euro Yogurt Maker YM100.