This stuffed tomatoes recipe offers you a beautiful way to serve a refreshing composed salad and is just perfect when it’s too hot to turn on the oven for the traditional stuffed tomatoes recipe. Our tuna stuffed tomatoes can be served at the beginning of a meal or for a light lunch and dinner with a slice of fresh bread.
Art of the Home Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Check our detailed stuffed tomatoes recipe from the sea and Art of the Home suggestions below. Enjoy and bon appétit!
Refreshing Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe: Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 can (about 150 g) of tuna in olive oil
- 4-6 branches of parsely
- 1/2 to 1 cup of cooked Basmati rice
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 minced shallot
- Cook 1 cup of Basmati rice in salty boiling water. Set aside to cool off.
- Open tuna can and drain off the oil. With a fork, crumble tuna and set aside in a medium bowl.
- Cut out a disc on top of the tomatoes (opposite side of the stem). With a small spoon, hull tomatoes.
- Wet tuna crumbles with tomato juice (about 4-6 TBSP).
- Mince shallots and parsley (save a couple sprigs to decorate). Extract juice of 1 lemon.
- Mix rice, tuna, minced parsley and shallots with lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS
- Decoration: place a few parsley leaves on top of tuna mixture and partially cover with tomato hats.
- Substitution for cans of tuna in olive oil: if you can’t find tuna in olive oil, you can get a regular can of white tuna. Crumble tuna and mix in 1-2 TBSP of olive oil and salt& pepper. Marinate in the fridge for a few hours.