Today we are sharing an Art of the Home favorite yogurt recipe: recette du yaourt à la vanille (vanilla yogurt recipe). We have been blessed with the many yogurt varieties offered in French grocery store since we arrived, loving it! And as we discussed in the article “Top 5 Reasons to Eat Yogurt“, yogurt is a big part of the French diet so we decided to make our popular vanilla yogurt recipe on this side of the Atlantic — our vanilla yogurt recipe was a big hit! We did take our vanilla yogurt recipe with us but of course, no room for a yogurt maker! Pas de soucis (no problem!) — our French kitchen is already equipped with an old yaourtière SEB (in the US we use our Euro Cuisine yogurt maker to make this vanilla yogurt recipe). Our vanilla yogurt recipe uses natural ingredients and is very healthy. So check our Art of the Home vanilla yogurt recipe below for delicious a dessert or snack. Enjoy and bon appétit!
Recette du Yaourt à la Vanille (Vanilla Yogurt Recipe)
INGREDIENTS (yield 7 yogurt jars)
- 1 jar of live cultured yogurt
- 40 oz of milk
- 3-6 TBSP of sugar (according to taste but can even be done without any sugar)
- 2 vanilla beans
- Pour milk in a pot. Cut vanilla beans lenghwise and extract seeds. Drop in seeds and vanilla pods in the milk. Bring to a gentle boil, mixing from time to time.
- Mix sugar and yogurt.
- Let the milk cool off to a warm temperature (it speeds up the process to put the pot in cold water). Pass milk through a sieve or strainer.
- Mix in yogurt-sugar mixture with milk and fill up yogurt jars.
- Place in a yogurt maker according to manufacturer directions. Using our Euro Cuisine yogurt maker, we set the timer on 10 hours for a firmer yogurt.