Spring cleaning is in the air so today, we’re talking about bringing joy to Spring cleaning and routine home cleaning. Joy and cleaning, not quite the duo we’re used to hear about. However, having the right cleaning products and tools go a long way in making the process more enjoyable. At Art of the Home, we have tried many different products over the years — trying to find a good balance between effective cleaning agents, lovely smell, and earth friendliness. A few years ago, we discovered “Mrs. Meyers Clean Day” products — we were skeptics at first — an aromatherapeutic houselhold cleaner, really? But we tried it, and have declutered our cleaning supply shelves, replacing some of our cleaning products with Mrs.Meyer’s. Of course, there is no miracle here, elbow grease is required and cleaning is still a chore but Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day products coupled with your favorite music will definitely enhance your experience. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day offers a few different products but today we’ll be reviewing the one we use the most – Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner (Lemon Verbena scent).
Gentle All Purpose Cleaner Review
Why do I need a gentle all purpose cleaner?
Using harsh chemicals on our hands make them look older than you are and also much less pleasant to the touch. More importantly, it is a gift for future generations to go back to how our grandmothers use to do it and use more natural cleaning products.
How do I use Mrs. Meyer’s All Purpose Cleaner?
Simple, just dilute 1/4 cup to 1 gallon of water. For though stains, you can use Mrs’ Meyer’s cleaner in its concentrated form on most surfaces.
What should I be looking for in a gentle All Purpose Cleaner?
- Effectiveness: the #1 job is to be a hard working cleaner. Effective cleaning agents come before good smell and environmentally friendly claim.
- Smell: this is priority #2. If the product smells good, you’ll feel better while cleaning, want to do it more, perhaps even enjoy it — that’s priceless!
- Convenience: simplifying in cleaning is very important. If you can find one cleaner for all or most of your cleaning jobs (from countertops to floors and for all types of surfaces), that is key to quick and effective cleaning.
- Earth friendly: nobody wants to put more chemicals than necessary into the soil and waters so an earth friendly cleaning product is a gift to the earth and generations to come.
Art of the Home’s Gentle All Purpose Cleaner – Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner
Cleaning with Mrs. Meyers Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner feels much less of chore and will simplify your cleaning routine. Here is the Art of the Home review and ratings (0=poor, 5=excellent):
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner Rating: 5/5
- Effectiveness: a powerful cleaner. It cuts effectively through grease, dirt, and grim. It can be used safely on sealed hardwood and tile floors, countertops, cupboards, walls, and much more. It can be used for both indoor and outdoor cleaning jobs.
- Smell: the smell of Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products are simply divine! We use the lemon verbena scent – it has hints of lemon, it feels and smells “fresh clean” after your done. In fact, guests often mention the pleasant smell in our home if they visit after I just cleaned it. Lemon verbena scent is also known for being invigorating. But Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day also offers other scents (lavender, geranium, etc.) which are very pleasant too.
- Earth Friendly: Mrs. Meyers’ All Purpose Cleaner is at least 98% naturally derived (based on plant-derived surfactants). Mrs. Meyers’ All Purpose Cleaner contains no bleach, no ammonia, and no phosphates. It does include a synthetic preservative to lengthen shelve life (about 2 years) and inhibit micro-organism growth — but that’s reasonable.
- Convenience: Mrs. Meyers’ All Purpose Cleaner can be used all over the house – including on sealed wooden floors.
- Price: the upfront cost seems high but considering that a 32 oz Mrs. Meyers All Purpose Cleaner bottle will make eight 2 gallon buckets and 64 thirty-two oz spray bottles, it is a very good value. And it doubles as an aromatherapy session! You can also buy at it at a volume discounted price on Amazon to get a better value. If you prefer to buy it one at a time, you can’t find it at regular grocery store but they have a store locator on their website.
Here is a short clip about the story of a daughter who, inspired by her mother Mrs. Meyer, started this company named after her mother — how endearing.
So to get a clean house while enjoying a lovely smell, Art of the Home recommends the powerful, earth friendly and reasonably priced Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner.