A couple of months ago, we talked about French women and water and how water is a key component in most French women’s daily routine. Today, we want to highlight five reasons why water is at the core of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Healthy Diet and Lifestyle: 5 Reasons to Drink Water
- Water is the best natural appetite suppressant.
- Water is the only natural zero calorie drink.
- Water helps your digestive system (reduces constipation for example)
- Water gives you a boost of energy, especially if you are dehydrated.
- Water acts as a cleanser to your system by flushing out various toxins accumulated throughout the day (also improves kidney function).
Art of the Home suggestions
- As we discussed in the article, “Tips: A Morning Routine that will Put Sunshine in Your Day,” get your day off to a great start by drinking a fresh glass of water after you wake up.
- Pause to take a sip of water while you eat. Drink at least one glass of water during each meal (but not too much water during meals, it slows down the digestion process).
- Carry a bottle of water with you at all times to make it easier to drink 1.5 liters of water per day.