Apple compote (apple sauce) makes a wonderful low calorie dessert. It is also a great way to use apples that have “aged” a bit and are not quite crispy enough to eat as is. Below is a quick recipe with only 3 ingredients. Enjoy and bon appétit!!!
- About 8 apples
- About 3 TBSP of sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you want your compote to be)
- 3 small glasses of water (about 2 cups)
- Wash and peel apples and cut in small pieces.
- Place apples in saucepan under medium heat and add sugar and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring from time to time, for about 30 minutes. You can crush the apples with the back of the spoon to obtain your preferred consistency as you are stirring.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS
- If you prefer, you can also obtain a smoother texture using a hand blender (a miracle tool in Art oft he Home kitchen).
- Enjoy as a dessert in a ramekin, mixed with plain yogurt, or as a homemade filling for your apple pie.