Here are just 5 of the many tricks French women use to lose weight or simply maintain good figures. Those tricks help minimize snacking and motivate your body to resist temptations. They may not all work for you but see which one best fit your lifestyle, one may be a good match. Enjoy!
- After waking up and before breakfast, drink a large glass of water: as we mention in our article “Tips: A Morning Routine that Will Put Sunshine in Your Day“, this will give you a fresh kick start — definitely part of our daily routing at Art of the Home.
- Small cup of coffee after lunch with a square of chocolate: typically “un café noir” (espresso) but any coffee would do or if you prefer tea, that’s fine too. When you eat, think about saving some space for your small “after meal” chocolate treat, you will then tend to eat smaller portions. Further, the satisfaction of that treat will last you through most of the day so you are less likely to succumb to snacking temptation.
- Afternoon snack: two to three hours before dinner, treat yourself to a small healthy snack.
- Plan ahead and manage your meals: if you know you will have a dinner party, plan on having a lighter dinner the following day (soup & yogurt for example) but don’t skip lunch before the dinner party — that will guarantee overeating which is what you are trying to avoid in the first place.
- No Eating after dinner: try to go to bed at least two hours after dinner and if you must eat late, then it is preferable to have a light dinner (even if you feel hungry for more!).