Art of the Home French Beans Recipe with Haricots Beurre
Would you like to add a dash of golden yellow to your green beans side dish? In the summer, it is the perfect touch! In the US, yellow beans are also called wax beans and in France, they are deliciously called “haricots beurre” (butter beans) after the color of butter, a beloved ingredients in most French kitchen.
French Beans Recipe
Check our detailed French beans recipe below to add sunshine to your veggies. Enjoy and bon appétit!
French Beans Recipe: Braised Green and Wax Beans
Braised Green and Yellow Beans (Haricots Verts et Haricots Beurre Braisés)
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
- 2 lb of a mix of French green beans and yellow beans (i.e. wax beans).
- 2 minced onions
- 2 TBSP olive oil (or butter)
- About 1 TBSP of finely chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Trim green beans and wax beans by snapping off the ends and wash them under water.
- In your sauté pan or large saucepan, heat olive oil (or butter) and sautée minced onions for a couple of minutes until they become translucid. Add in French green beans and wax beans. Salt and pepper to taste (2-3 pinches).
- Pour 1/2 a small glass of water, gently toss, and simmer covered under low heat for about 30 minutes. Check from time to time and add a little bit of water if the beans start to stick to the bottom.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Enjoy and bon appétit!