On the menu today, using two fresh ingredients picked up at our local French farmers market and one ingredient from our herb garden, we made a delicious healthy side dish perfect to accompany grilled pork chops or a roasted chicken.
Farmers Market Pictures: Today’s Freshness du Jour
So would you join us at the farmers market today? Simply check out our Art of the Home farmers market pictures and a quick and healthy “garlic haricots verts” recipe.
Haricots Verts, Garlic, and Parsley
- Haricots verts – French green beans, at their best when they are long and thin…
- Ail violet nouveau – early violet garlic. Not found everywhere, this type of garlic has a stronger taste.
- Parsley (persil) – actually, this one comes from our herb garden so we just had to step out to get it!
And as always before leaving the farmers market, we picked up a small flower bouquet – great for the soul!
Bonne journée à toutes!
Garlic French Green Beans Recipe
Haricots Verts à l’ail (Garlic French Green Beans)
by Art of the Home
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 1 pounds French green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 TBSP olive oil (or butter)
- Salt & pepper
- Trim green beans by snapping off the ends (this actually can be relaxing and therapeutic!) and wash them under water.
- Steam or cook green beans in boiling water. Drain.
- Cut garlic cloves into very thin slivers.
- Add cooked green beans to a large saucepan, add olive oil (or butter), and garlic slivers. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Gently toss to add flavor to your green beans for 5-10 minutes under low heat.
- Serve hot.
Art of the Home Suggestion:
- Make ahead: this dish can be done even faster using left over green beans or using beans you have cooked ahead of time.
Enjoy and bon appétit!