How about a 3 steps colorful and flavorful low calorie side dish to brighten up your fall weekly dinners? Easy to make, this delicious side dish is sure to bring a little bit of the Provence sunshine to your table – always a plus as the days are getting shorter and shorter. Art of the Home sautéed Provençal vegetables is a nutritious and healthy side dish – you will definitely get your daily dose of veggies and it is cooked in olive oil so it is also a great option for any low cholesterol diet. The eggplants gives this sautéed Provençal vegetables a rich texture which makes it a satisfying side dish even though it is 100% vegetables .
Easy Sautéed Provençal Vegetables (Poêlée Méridionale)
Quite versatile, our sautéed Provençal vegetables marry really well with either meat or fish so you can fit it into most menus. Check out the easy Art of the Home sautéed Provençal vegetables and Art of the Home suggestions below, including a quick menu idea. Enjoy and bon appétit!
Sautéed Provençal Vegetables (Poêlée Méridionale)
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onions
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 garlic clove
- 4-5 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Wash and dry vegetables. Except for the onion, no need to peel the vegetables. Remove the inside of the pepper and cut top part of the eggplants. Cut both ends of the zucchinis. Cut all vegetables in small pieces.
- Add about half of the olive oil to a frying pan and sautee eggplants under medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently so the eggplants don’t stick to the bottom. Beautifully delicious and so good for you too, we’ll take it!
- Add the rest of the vegetables, a grated garlic clove, salt & pepper to the pan. Sprinkle the rest of the olive oil over vegetable mixture and cook covered under low heat for another 30 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Serve directly on a dinner plate as a side dish.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS
- In Step 3, if the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the pan, add a little bit of water (1/2 a glass) and stir.
- Quick Menu Idea: cook some chicken breasts, slice in thin stripes and serve on a bed of your sautéed Provençal vegetables. Beautifully delicious and so good for you too – we’ll take it!
- Cheap trip to France: in Step 3, add a few pinches of “Herbes de Provence” and your kitchen will smell just like the South of France.