Today, we are bringing some south of the border sunshine in the kitchen with an easy Cinco de Mayo guacamole. Homemade guacamole is easy to make and perfect to accompany nachos, homemade tortilla strips, or grilled steak kebabs. Sure you can serve this for Cinco de Mayo next week but it’s a nice appetizer for any occasion. Check our detailed recipe and Art of the Home suggestions below. Enjoy and bon appétit!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 pinches of cayenne pepper to taste (based on how hot you like your guacamole)
- 1-2 shallot chopped
- Olive oil
- 1/2 a lime
- Salt & pepper
- Cut avocado in half and scoop avocado into a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork or muddler.
- Add in chopped shallots, spices, the juice of 1/2 lime and a dash of olive oil.
- Mash again, just a little bit, and salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s ready to enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS
- Variations: including tomatoes (cut into small dice) and chopped cilantro to your Cinco de Mayo easy guacamole for added flavor and spice.
- Make ahead: a guacamole is better made right before serving but if you must make it ahead of time, cover by pressing a plastic film right on top of your cinco de Mayo guacamole to minimize oxidation and refrigerate.
And now to get into the spirit, we’ve included the following video from the Mariachi Vargas dancing “El Jarabe Tapatio” (The Mexican Hat Dance), enjoy!